Sunday, February 7, 2010

Back to Blogging & Super Bowl

It has been a bit since I last blogged. My last entry was done the day of the BCS Championship game. As you may know, the game did not turn out in favor of my Longhorns. I have to say, the last thing I ever thought about happening that night, was that our star quarterback would get hurt on the first UT possession and was out for the game. It was such a disheartening game in a way but once I got over the disappointment, I realized it provided a lot of hope for the future.

The freshman QB Garrett Gilbert played an great game, especially given that he is a true freshman and had very little playing time. He almost brought them back. He is going to be a great player I think.

As for my thoughts on the Super Bowl tonight, I am pulling for the Saints all the way. The quarterback for the Saints is Drew Brees. He graduated from the same high school I did (many years before him). He led the Austin Westlake Chaparrals to their only state championship in '96. He then went on to Purdue and had a successful career there. San Diego drafted him first in the second round in 2001. He then went to the Saints in 2006 and had a very successful career there. It will be great for the city of New Orleans given the devastation from Hurricane Katrina. Living in Houston, we know what hurricanes can do and we had many from New Orleans come here as a result of Katrina. Geaux Saints for the Who Dat Nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment